Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I've been asked to be on the board of a new non-profit called 1 Million Green Communities. I'm excited to get back to one of my missions, to educate communities on sustainability. The idea is to build sustainable communities from cities and towns and help those communities have a more positive impact on the environment while saving them 1 million dollars in the process. We have a meeting this Saturday to discuss our non-profit status. My revised creed is "Through providing information on how one can reduce their carbon footprint and negative environmental impact, “ How Green Is It?” aspires to influence businesses, communities and individuals to become more aware of how they affect the environment and assist them in having a more positive impact on the environment."

Now if I can only figure out a way to be sustainable while contributing to the greater good ;)

No comments: